Tropical Fruit Baked Rice Pudding with Mango & Coconut
1 min read
We 'larb' this rice pudding, a tropical take on the freebie that Peter Parker and Aunt May receive in Spider-Man: Homecoming.
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 35 Minutes
- 1L semi-skimmed milk
- 400g sweetened condensed milk
- 150g short-grain or risotto rice
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 mango
- 2 passionfruits, cut in half
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut, toasted
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- To make the rice pudding, combine the milk, condensed milk, vanilla, and rice in a heavy-bottom saucepan and bring to the boil, stirring often. Simmer gently for 5 minutes, then transfer to an oven-safe dish and cook for 30 minutes until the rice is tender and the pudding is golden on top.
- Peel and slice the mango, and spoon the passionfruit pulp from each half of the fruit.
- Top the rice pudding with sliced mango, passionfruit, and toasted, and serve hot, chilled or at room temperature.