Healthy Turkey Burgers
2 min read
Taking inspiration from Iron Man, these turkey burgers offer a brilliant, healthy alternative to beef burgers. Serve in a sesame bun with homemade salsa - great when paired with crispy sweet potato fries
Preparation Time: 40 Minutes
Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
- 250g lean turkey mince
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 egg, beaten
- A handful of chopped coriander
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- In a large bowl, add all of the burger ingredients and mix with your hands. Really work the mince until it becomes smooth and well-mixed. This is a great one to get the kids involved with!
- Shape the mixture into burgers and place onto a greased baking tray. Cook for 15 minutes. The burgers will feel firm to touch when ready.
- While the burgers are cooking, make the salsa. Finely dice all the ingredients and mix together in a bowl with the oil, vinegar, and seasoning.
- Pop the burgers on a sesame bun and top with the salsa and some salad. Serve alongside sweet potato fries.