See In The Dark Superhero Soup
3 min read
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
- 1kg chopped carrots
- 2 medium-sized potatoes skins left on, cubed
- 250g frozen sweetcorn
- 2 onions, chopped
- 100g spinach
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 bunch of basil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2L vegetable stock
- Add your chopped onion and crushed garlic to a pan with a little vegetable oil and cook gently over a medium heat until the onion is translucent.
- Once the onion is soft add the chopped carrots and potato, then stir until they are coated in the softened onions and vegetable oil, cook for around 5 minutes.
- Add sweetcorn, salt, and pepper to the pan and stir through, breaking apart any clumps of frozen sweetcorn.
- Add the spinach to the pan and stir until it wilts before tearing in the bunch of basil (stalks and all).
- Pour in the vegetable stock, put the lid on the pan, and cook until the carrot & potato is soft. Allow to cool once your vegetables are cooked before blending with a stick blender or standard blender.
- Warm the blended soup before serving. If the soup is a little thick just add a little more water to the pan and stirring so it fully incorporates.