Pigs In Blankets Christmas Stuffing Balls
3 min read
Treat yourself at Christmas with these moreish stuffing balls. The sausagemeat and bacon add the 'pigs in blankets' flavour, while cranberries make them taste extra festive.
Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
- 85g pack sage & onion stuffing mix
- 300g sausagemeat
- 90g cooked chestnuts, chopped
- 50g dried cranberries
- 12 rashers smoked streaky bacon
- Put the stuffing mix in a bowl and pour over 150ml boiling water. Leave the mix to absorb. When cool, add the sausagemeat, chestnuts, and cranberries and bring everything together with your hands. Cut each rasher of bacon in half lengthways so you get 24 long strips of bacon.
- Cross two bacon strips, then roll a walnut-sized ball of the stuffing mix and sit it on the cross. Wrap the stuffing in the bacon and sit on a lightly oiled baking tray, cross-side up. Repeat to make 12 stuffing balls. Can be made up to two days ahead and chilled. Heat oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6 and roast the stuffing balls for 25-30 mins until the bacon is crisp and the stuffing is cooked.
Credit: Barney Desmazery