Nutella Berry Bruschetta
2 min read
Nothing says ‘Happy Father’s Day’ better than breakfast in bed. Put the biggest smile on Dad’s face with these tasty and totally fun toasts! A great recipe for the little ones to get creative, making shapes, letters and faces with the berries.
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 5 Minutes
- 1 baguette
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 4 tbsp chocolate spread
- 2 handfuls of fresh berries
- 2 tbsp chopped hazelnuts
- Preheat the oven to 180°C on the grill setting.
- Cut the baguette into 2cm thick slices, ask a grown-up to help you with this bit.
- In a bowl, add the sugar and cinnamon and mix together.
- Lightly butter both sides of your bread slices.
- Dunk each piece into the sugar bowl, making sure the bread is coated.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and add the bread slices.
- Toast for 2 minutes until golden. Remove from the oven, ask for adult supervision.
- Cover one side of the bread with chocolate spread and spread across evenly.
- Chop up your berries and add them to the toasts. Get creative – our favourites are writing out ‘Dad’, making a smiley face and hearts!
- For a little extra crunch, sprinkle some chopped hazelnuts on top.
- Give the toasts to Dad with a nice cup of tea and a big hug.