1 min read
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 1 Hour
- 3 egg whites
- 150g caster sugar
- Preheat your oven to 140°C and line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Whip your egg whites in a large, clean mixing bowl until they form stiff peaks. If your bowl is dirty or even a little greasy the egg white will not stiffen.
- Once your egg whites are stiff, add 1 tablespoon of sugar at a time, whisking until incorporated each time until all of your sugar has been added.
- Using a large spoon place dollops of the mixture onto the baking tray, do not worry too much about them being identical but do try to keep them apart otherwise they will merge to form one large meringue.
- Bake in the oven for one hour, once done they should be golden and crisp on the outside and soft like a marshmallow on the inside.
- Serve with fruit or jam and cream (whipped if you like).