1 min read
The perfect doughnut recipe - easy, quick and super tasty! Dip in runny jam, caramel or chocolate sauce. These will keep for a day but are best enjoyed on the day of cooking.
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
- 60g softened butter
- 500g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 60g caster sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 250ml milk
- Oil, for frying
- Sugar, for coating the doughnuts
- Mix the butter with flour, sugar, and baking powder. Add in the egg and milk, mixing well to form a dough.
- Cover with a damp tea towel and let the dough rest until it’s doubled in size.
- Break off small balls of dough and roll in your hands until smooth.
- In a large pan, heat approx. 200ml oil. Wait until it’s really hot before carefully placing in two of the doughnuts. Cook for 30 seconds on each side until golden brown.
- Continue the process with the remaining balls of dough.
- Roll the doughnuts in sugar until fully coated.
- Serve once cooled with a selection of tasty dips!