2 min read
Pop these homemade Christmas truffles in a pretty box if you want to give them as a gift. Kids will love giving them to family and friends.
Preparation Time: 30 Minutes
Cooking Time: 5 Minutes (+7 Hours Chilling)
- 150g dark chocolate, chopped
- 150g milk chocolate, chopped
- 150ml double cream
- 50g unsalted butter
- Cocoa powder
- Lustre powder
- Icing sugar
- Chopped nuts
- Flavourless nuts, for shaping
- Put the dark and milk chocolate in a bowl, then put the cream and butter in a pan and bring to a simmer. Pour the hot cream over the chocolate and stir until it melts. Leave to cool, then chill in the fridge for 7 hours.
- Put the coatings into separate bowls. To shape the truffles, lightly rub your hands with flavourless oil and roll teaspoons of the truffle mix between your palms – this can get messy!
- Gently roll the truffles in the bowl until evenly coated, then put in a box and chill. Store in the fridge in an airtight container for three days, or freeze for up to a month. Defrost in the fridge overnight.
Credit: Lulu Grimes