Chocolate, Peanut Butter & Banana Cake
3 min read
This Spider-Man inspired chocolate, peanut butter and banana cake is a real treat! Best enjoyed warm.
Preparation Time: 40 Minutes
Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
- 125g self-raising flour
- 25g cocoa powder
- 80g dark brown sugar
- 80g margarine
- 45g peanut butter
- 1½ bananas, mashed
- ½ banana, for topping
- 2 eggs
- 6 tbsp double cream
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Grease and line a cake tin.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the sugar, margarine, and peanut butter. Whisk together.
- Add in the eggs and mashed banana. Continue to whisk.
- Finally, whisk in the flour and cocoa powder. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Spoon the batter into the cake tin.
- Bake for 30 minutes until a knife comes out clean.
- In a shallow pan, add the sugar and warm it until it starts to caramel. Add in the sliced banana and coat in the caramel – work fast as it will begin to colour quickly.
- Add in the double cream to make a caramel sauce.
- Turn out the cake and leave to cool. Once cooled, slice in half and spread the inside of each cake with peanut butter. Place the two halves back together.
- Evenly spoon over the banana and caramel sauce on top of the cake.