1. Preheat oven to 160º C, Gas mark 3. Line a tray with baking parchment.
2. Combine dry ingredients in a bowl.
3. Whisk together eggs, egg whites and vanilla extract in a separate mixing bowl.
3. Add egg mixture to dry ingredients, mixing just until moist. Add dried cranberries and almonds.
4. Mix thoroughly.
5. On a floured surface, divide batter in half and pat each half into a log approximately 35cm (14 in) long and 4cm (2 in) thick. Place on a prepared baking tray and bake 30 minutes or until firm.
6. Once done, cool on a wire rack.
7. Reduce the oven temperature to 150º C, Gas mark 2. Cut biscotti into thin slices. Then place the cut biscotti on a baking tray and bake for an additional 20 minutes.
8. Let cool and store in a loosely covered container.
275g plain flour
200g caster sugar
1tsp baking powder
1/2tsp bicarbonate of soda
2 egg whites
1tbsp vanilla extract
100 whole blanched almonds
100g dried cranberries