1. Place a pan of water on the stove and add salt and bring to the boil.
2. Cook the macaroni until just tender and drain well, do not refresh, oil slightly.
3. Heat the oil and add the onion and garlic and soften 5-6 minutes. Add the flour, soak up the oil.
4. Pour in the milk and cream slowly as you heat, stir well until nicely thickened and just boiling.
5. Remove from the heat, season well with salt, pepper and mustard.
6. Add the turkey and stuffing and mix well.
7. Spoon into a 28cm x 20cm x 8cm deep oval ceramic baking dish, leave 10 minutes to set slightly.
8. Sprinkle with the breadcrumbs and cheese and brown under a hot grill for 5-7 minutes.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
300g small macaroni, raw
2 tbsp any oil
1 small onion, very finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
4 level tbsp (roughly) plain flour
560mls milk (pint)
150mls whipping cream (1/4 pint)
Salt & pepper
2 tsp Dijon mustard
250g cooked turkey, chopped into nice small pieces (½ cm)
2 tbsp stuffing if left over, broken up
4 slices bread, crusts removed, into breadcrumbs
50g grated strong Cheddar cheese