1. Place all ingredients in to a saucepan and bring to a simmer.
2. Stir well, then cover and turn down the heat.
3. Cook for 10 minutes, or until very soft, stirring occasionally.
4. Once cooked, remove the lid and turn up the heat slightly.
5. Cook until you have a thickish sauce.
6. Pre heat the oven to 220°C gas 7.
7. Place a non stick, ovenproof frying onto a low heat.
8. Season the breasts well with salt and pepper, then place, skin side down into the dry hot pan.
9. Cook for 4-5 minutes, until the fat runs, and browns slightly.
10. Pop into the oven for about 8 minutes.
11. Remove, turn over, so skin side is up and cover loosely with foil.
12. Leave to rest for 10 minutes.
13. Place a little chocolate sauce on a warm plate.
14. Slice the breasts into 2-3 slices.
15. Drain well on kitchen towel, and place on the sauce.
16. Serve with roasted carrots and small florets of broccoli.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
4 duck breasts, just the fat scored criss cross
2 large onions, peeled and finely sliced
3 tbsp olive oil
Freshly milled black pepper
Pinch dried chilli flakes
2 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp sherry vinegar
Pinch chicken stock cube
2 glasses red wine
1 glass water
30g chopped bitter chocolate