1. Place the cider, sugar and chicken stock in a pan and bring to the boil then simmer rapidly until thick and syrupy.
2. Heat the oil in a frying pan or wok.
3. When the oil starts to smoke add the turkey and stir fry for about 10 minutes, adding a little salt and pepper. Do not over cook. When cooked tip into a colander and drain.
4. Meanwhile peel the apples then cut each one into six pieces and take out the core, then cut each piece in half.
5. Add the cream to the cider reduction and bring to the boil, add the apples and cook for 1 minute, no longer.
6. Add the turkey and basil to the sauce and stir to coat then season again.
Serve with couscous and green beans.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
4 x 150g turkey breast slices free of skin, then cut into 2cm pieces
300ml dry cider
Pinch of sugar
150ml chicken stock
2 tbsp vegetable oil
2 Cox’s apples
150ml double cream
1 small bunch fresh basil chopped
Salt and freshly ground black pepper