Struggling to keep the kids busy? Do you want to win some serious parenting points to wow and impress? Why not try my Peppermint Galaxy Bark – a super fun and delicious recipe for you and the kids to get making!
This recipe is the last activity of Belling’s Summer Holiday Club – a collection of six unique activities and recipes to keep families entertained over summer.
Items you will need
A Heat Safe Bowls (or wash up between stages!)
**Please be advised that no child should be left alone around boiling water and will need parental supervision while baking this yummy treat**
1. Line your baking tray with the baking paper
2. Boil water and empty into your saucepan leaving around 3inches to the top of the pan.
3. Place bowl into saucepan and boiling water – ensure heat is set to medium (keep an eye on the water and ensure it would not boil over)
4. Empty yellow candy melts into the heated bowl and mix until all candy has melted.
5. Pour the melted yellow candy melts onto the base of the baking tray in a 3cm or more layer (leave a tiny bit for later)
6. Repeat step 4 with the blue candy melts
7. Using a teaspoon, gently drizzle and coat the yellow layer of candy melts with the blue chocolate.
8. Repeat step 4 using black candy melts (ensure you use 500g for this stage)
9. Pour the black candy melts in a thick layer over the yellow and blue candy melts
10. Using a clean teaspoon gently put the tip into the bottom layers and drag the spoon in lines and swirls (as you gently pull the spoon through the layers you will pull the yellow and blue candy colours through onto the top of the black!)
11. Melt the white candy melts using step 4 and drizzle (using a spoon) the white candy over the chocolate in circle motions – you can repeat this step with the yellow too (it creates a beautiful ring effect!)
12. Now garnish your chocolate with your edible glitter and stars
13. Place into refrigerator for 2 hours min
14. Pull your set chocolate out of the baking tray using the sides of the paper
15. Now this is the fun part! Take a metal spoon…turn over your chocolate and bash it! – breaking it into small enough shards to eat!
Grab a cup of tea and enjoy!
Prep time: 45 mins
Cook time: 2 hours
500g Black Candy Melts
250g Yellow Candy Melts
250g Blue Candy Melts
250g White Candy Melts
1 pkg. Blue Edible Glitter
1 pkg. Gold Edible Stars