1. Preheat oven to 160C/325F/Gas 3.
2. Grease and line an 8 inch round baking tin.
3. Rub the flour, the cinnamon and the butter together.
4. Add the sultanas and 50g caster sugar and stir to combine.
5. Beat eggs and syrup together in a separate bowl, and then stir into flour mixture along with the plums.
6. Transfer to tin and level surface.
7. Sprinkle the remaining caster sugar over top of cake mixture.
8. Cook in centre of oven for 45-50 minutes and then test. A knife should come out clean when inserted into the centre of the cake.
9. Enjoy warm with some custard or allow to cool down and serve with your afternoon tea or coffee.
For more recipes from Jo, visit www.joskitchen.co.uk
225g self-raising flour
1tsp ground cinnamon
100g unsalted butter, softened
50g caster sugar plus 2tbsp for sprinkling
2 large free-range eggs
4tbsp golden syrup
275 plums, stoned and chopped