1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C
2. In a large ovenproof pan with a lid, put in the olive oil and allow to warm up on the hob. Add in the chorizo and fry until it releases its oil.
3. Add in the onions and the garlic and fry until softened. Add in the rice and stir.
4. Pour in the red wine and allow to cook until the alcohol has burnt off and you are just left with the flavour of the red wine. (usually 1 -2 minutes)
5. Pour in the chicken stock, give everything a good stir and cook in the oven for about 20 minutes until the stock has been absorbed and the rice is creamy. Give it a stir every 5-10 minutes to make sure it does not stick to the bottom and add more chicken stock if needed.
6. Once the risotto is cooked, (the rice should be cooked through but should still have a little bite to it in the middle of the grain), test for seasoning then add in the frozen peas, butter, parmesan and parsley. Give it a good stir and leave it to rest for a couple of minutes with the lid on, off the heat.
7. Serve in a big bowl with the rest of the bottle of wine, put your feet up and enjoy!
For more recipes from Jo, visit www.joskitchen.co.uk
1 tbsp olive oil
200g chorizo, diced
1 large onion (red or white), peeled and finely chopped
1 clove of garlic, peeled and finely chopped
200g risotto rice
50ml good quality red wine
500ml chicken stock, plus extra on standby just in case
50g frozen peas
Salt and pepper, to taste
Large bunch of parsley, stalks removed and finely chopped