1. Start by preheating your oven to approx 170 degrees and laying out your mini loaf cases onto a flat baking tray.
2. You will need to make a chocolate paste first, by mixing the boiling water and cocoa powder in a large bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together the Caster Sugar, Eggs and Olive Oil until you have a thick yellow mixture. Mix your chocolate paste into the yellow mixture until it becomes a deep rich brown colour. Then add the self raising flour and baking powder and mix until you have a fairly runny chocolate cake mixture.
4. Add HALF of the chopped Oreo’s (the other half will be sprinkled on top) and stir in gently.Pour the mixture into your loaf cases until they are approximately 2/3 full and bake in the centre of the oven for about 20 minutes. The loaves will still be lovely and moist when you take them out of the oven.
5. The topping is a simple glace icing drizzle topped with more chopped Oreos! Simply weigh the icing sugar into a small bowl, then add water a tablespoon at a time until you have a thick yet runny consistency.
6. Pour your icing into a disposable piping bag and snip off the end so you have a small hole to pipe the icing through.
7. Drizzle generously over each loaf, then pour over the crushed Oreo’s before the icing sets. Finish with another layer of icing drizzled all over the Oreo’s and the Mini Loaves, then leave to set!
Mini loaf cases: click here
Disposable piping bags: click here
To view more recipes from Iced Jems, visit www.icedjems.com
1 pack mini loaf cases (see link below method)
50g cocoa powder
120ml boiling water
200g caster sugar
150ml olive oil
150g self-raising flour
1tsp baking powder
200g Oreos, chopped
30g icing sugar
Few tbsp water
Disposable piping bag (see link below method)