Grilled Pork Bangers with Fried Potatoes & Onion
Get an authentic barbeque taste indoors with this easy Brian Turner recipe.
- Heat a medium frying pan and add 1tbsp sunflower oil.
- Colour the sausages evenly, cook for 10 minutes.
- Finish by cooking on grill bars or alternatively cook in a grill pan for 20-25 minutes.
- Put to one side.
- Meanwhile melt 25g butter and add the sliced onions, colour lightly then slowly cook for 10 minutes, add 2tbsp chicken stock and cook till the stock evaporates and the onions are coloured well.
- Melt 25g butter, slice the new potatoes, add to the butter and colour.
- When coloured, mix the onions and potatoes together, and season.
- Pile the potatoes in the middle of the plates and carefully arrange the sausages around.
- Boil the sauce left in the pan and add 50g cold butter.
- Pour the sauce around the sausages, sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Credit: Brian Turner
Prep time: 5 Minutes
Cook time: 35 Minutes
2 tbsp sunflower oil
8 premium pork sausages
100g unsalted butter
2 large onions, thinly sliced
200ml thickened chicken stock
600g new potatoes cooked in skins
Salt & pepper
2 tbsp chopped parsley