Gift Wrapped Chocolate Brownie Snowballs
A great festive activity for the little ones – these fudgy brownie balls are the perfect sweet treat to be wrapped up and given to loved ones. Warning: there will be sticky hands in the making of this recipe!
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- In a large mixing bowl, melt the dark chocolate and butter in the microwave in 30-second bursts. Stir until smooth.
- Next, add the sugar and eggs then mix until well combined.
- Add the salt and flour, stirring until there are no lumps.
- Pour the brownie batter into a lightly greased 20x30cm baking tin, using a spatula to spread evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Set aside to cool.
- Cut the brownies into 18 squares and cut off the edges.
- Slightly flatten each brownie, place two mini marshmallows in the centre and then roll them into balls with the marshmallows inside.
- Put the balls on a baking sheet and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Melt the white chocolate then dip in each brownie ball, ensuring they’re fully coated.
- Immediately roll them in the shredded coconut then place in the fridge until set.
- To wrap, line the gift box with tissue paper, the more colourful the better. Arrange the snowballs evenly then decorate the box with heart tags, glitter and stickers.
- Store in a cool place until gifted.
Prep time: 10 Minutes
Cook time: 20 Minutes