The ideal healthy snack for children and adults alike, using ingredients from your cupboards.
1. Add all ingredients for the hummus into a food processor and blend until super smooth. Spoon the mixture out into a bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, add the self-raising flour and water and mix into a dough. Be careful not to overwork the mixture, as it can prevent the self-raising flour from working.
3. Tear off 4 balls of dough and flatten with the palm of your hand on a floured surface until they are approximately 1cm thick.
4. Pop a frying pan on a medium heat and lay two of the bread bases into the pan. Cook for 3 minutes on either side until they colour and puff up. Then cook them for a further 3 minutes either side on a low heat.
5. Repeat the process for the remaining bread bases. Once cooked, cut them into rectangle fingers ready for dipping!
6. Serve the flatbreads, hummus and crudités together for a delicious snack.
Prep time: 30 Minutes
Cook time: 15 Minutes
For the flatbreads:
250g self-raising flour
For the hummus:
1 can chickpeas
1 garlic clove
1 tbsp tahini (if you don’t have tahini, you can use sesame oil)
1 lemon, squeezed
50ml olive oil
For the crudités:
Any chopped veg