Belling Superheroes: Healthy Homemade Pizzas
Homemade pizzas are so easy to make and much tastier (not to mention healthier!) than a takeaway. Just like the Flash, you can add whatever toppings you fancy, and even get creative with the kids to make pizza faces!
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C.
- In a large bowl, add the flour, yeast, butter, warm water and salt. Mix well to form a dough.
- Knead the dough for 10 minutes (you can use a machine with a dough hook if you have one).
- Pop the dough back into an oiled bowl and cover with a tea towel. Leave for 30 minutes to rise.
- Once risen, place the dough on the worktop and knead a couple of times. Split into two even halves and shape into pizza bases.
- Place the pizza bases onto greased baking trays.
- Now the fun part! Spoon on the tomato passata or puree, sprinkle on the grated cheese and cover with your choice of toppings.
- Pop them into the oven and cook for 20-30 minutes. The dough should be fluffy and crisp and the toppings should be cooked through.
- Serve while hot or enjoy cold the next day!
Prep time: 1 Hour
Cook time: 20-30 Minutes