Belling Superheroes: Chocolate, Peanut Butter & Banana Cake
This Spider-Man inspired chocolate, peanut butter and banana cake is a real treat! Best enjoyed warm.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
- Grease and line a cake tin.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the sugar, margarine and peanut butter. Whisk together.
- Add in the eggs and mashed banana. Continue to whisk.
- Finally, whisk in the flour and cocoa powder. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Spoon the batter into the cake tin.
- Bake for 30 minutes until a knife comes out clean.
- In a shallow pan, add the sugar and warm until it starts to caramel. Add in the sliced banana and coat in the caramel – work fast as it will begin to colour quickly.
- Add in the double cream to make a caramel sauce.
- Turn out the cake and leave to cool. Once cooled, slice in half and spread the inside of each cake with peanut butter. Place the two halves back together.
- Evenly spoon over the banana and caramel sauce on top of the cake.
Prep time: 40 Minutes
Cook time: 30 Minutes